Spray polyurethane foam (SPF) insulation helps keep homes warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Because it is sprayed directly into the gaps, cracks and other surfaces that contribute to heat loss, it both insulates and air seals, offering one of the easiest and most effective ways of weatherizing existing homes and new construction. When installed following proper safety and handling guidelines, spray polyurethane foam can help… Foam Insulation Bay Village
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency estimates (for all insulation) that homeowners who air seal and insulate their homes can save up to 20% of heating and cooling costs (or up to 10% total energy costs).
- SPF resists heat transfer better than many other insulation materials, with R-values typically in the range of 3.5 – 6.5 per one inch of thickness. R-value is a term used to rate an insulation’s ability to resist conductive heat transfer. The higher the R-value, the more effective the insulation’s ability is to reduce conductive heat flow.
- Because SPF insulation minimizes air infiltration, it assists in preventing moisture vapor from entering and escaping the home, which in turn reduces the load on heating and cooling systems.
*Savings vary. Find out why in the seller’s fact sheet on R-values. Higher R-values mean greater insulating power.
Reduce heating and air conditioning size Foam Insulation Bay Village
- HVAC sizing can be reduced as much as 35% without the loss of efficiency and comfort.
- Choose Foam Insulation Bay Village